We are proud to serve a community who values the history and ranching heritage of Orange County. We have been working hard to provide an inspiring educational experience for local students, to bring art to our communities, and to make history come to life for all our museum visitors.
We recently launched our first “Spirit of Giving” Challenge. This was a wonderful opportunity for our local community to show their pioneer spirit. While we did not set a monetary goal, any donations received by December 31, 2022 would be matched by an anonymous donor.
We are pleased to share the results of our first “Spirit of Giving” Challenge:
- In 2022, we raised a total of $241,000.
- $61,000 came before November 1, 2022.
- $180,000 came after November 1, 2022 (not counting the match).
At Moulton Museum, we are humbled and grateful for all the generous support we received from our donors throughout 2022 and during our “Spirit of Giving” campaign. Community support is critical to our success and we are continuously inspired by your vote of confidence. We are committed to bringing history to life and honoring the pioneer spirit. Thank you for your support!
The success of the Spirit of Giving challenge has positively reinforced our mission and vision. There are many great things on the way in 2023 due to the support we received during the campaign, including but not limited to:
- Creating Moulton Museum passports for a visiting classroom
- Buying lunch for a visiting classroom
- Fund transportation for a visiting classroom
- Clean and preserve historic paintings
- Sponsor the 2023 Moulton Museum Education Program
- Sponsor the next art exhibition at Nellie’s Gallery
- Sponsor the creation of a public mural in your community
- Sponsor the next exhibition at Moulton Museum (Women on the Ranch)
To Be Continued
Great news! We will hold the “Spirit of Giving” Challenge each year starting November 1 through December 31. Each dollar raised during that time will be matched to double the benefit.
If people want to show their pioneer spirit, the easiest way to have impact is by making a financial contribution. However, just as important, we need people to donate their time and become a volunteer. Building our docent base is a top priority in 2023 so we can extend our open hours and reach more people. However you choose to give back to our community, we appreciate you!