Take a look at our 2022 highlights:
Our guests are saying:
” Amazing job setting up the fantastic museum layout. The flow is great, the artifacts are fun and interesting and the maps are top notch.” -Van
“Very impressive start.” -Steve
“Thanks for your hard work in putting the Moulton Museum together. My family and friends and I had a wonderful time.” -Eddie
Transcription: Ship sheep tomorrow if possible am out of mutton ( 2018.36.196)
Did You Know?
- January 17, 1854 – Lewis Fenno Moulton was born in Chicago, Illinois to John Tildon Moulton and Charlotte (Harding) Hiller Moulton of Maine. His Harvard educated lawyer father was one of the first editors of the Chicago Tribune.
- January 21, 1910 – Charlotte Gail Moulton (January 21, 1910 – April 12, 2006), Lewis and Nellie’s first daughter, was born at Clara Barton Hospital in Los Angeles. Nellie Gail Moulton was 31 years old and Lewis was 56 years old.
- January 1935 – Louise attended Davis Agricultural College (now UC Davis College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences) studying animal husbandry, economics, and farming.
- The California Gold Rush (1848–1855) began on January 24, 1848, when gold was found by James W. Marshall at Sutter’s Mill.
- January 31, 1852 – Maria Eugenia (Jennie) Duguet was born in Bayonne, France to Baptista and Elizabeth (Urisburu) Duguet. She would later marry Jean Pierre Daguerre on October 7, 1886.